The ATP low profile locking lever replaces the factory tilt/cant locking screw/knob on both Gen 1 and Gen 2 MDT CKYE Pod Bipods.
The tilt/cant locking mechanism on the original Gen 1 MDT CKYEPOD was tightened with an allen key. The Gen 2 is an improvement and uses a thumbnut, it is designed to use a bullet to get the added leverage and grip to tighten the thumbnut but this is not ideal, and makes it difficult to lock the bipod in position.
A better solution is to replace the thumbnut with a ratcheting locking lever which provides the grip and leverage to secure the cant function using only one hand. Similar designs are used by military and law enforcement units worldwide. The locking lever is spring loaded and can be placed in any position after it has been tightened, just pull the lever towards you to disengage the ratchet mechanism, reset the position of the lever and let go.
Made in Australia
Note: This will only fit genuine Standard, PRS short, Double Pull, Triple Pull MDT CKYEPODs (Gen 1 and Gen 2). Does not fit the Heavy duty variants as these use a different thread pitch/diameter.
- Heavy duty Zinc alloy lever (not plastic like other designs)
- CNC machined bushing is made of 316 grade Stainless Steel for rust resistance
- CNC cut and chamfered threaded rod is also made of Stainless Steel
- Low profile lever (30mm) that does not hang lower than the bipod bottom for snag free operation
- Resettable spring loaded lever, just pull the lever towards you to disengage the ratchet mechanism to reset the position of the lever
- Easy installation, just unscrew the original MDT CKYE-Pod screw/thumbnut and screw on the ATP version.