The Luth-AR Modular Buttstock Assembly (MBA) for AR style rifles is designed to replace the standard buttstock on your AR or Chassis that uses AR15 buttstocks. The MBA-1 is designed to work with a standard A2 rifle style buffer tube (buffer tube sold separately) and features Length-of-Pull adjustment and an adjustable cheek rise in a low-cost, lightweight, strong and high-quality design. The modular design of the MBA Buttstock allows you to configure your buttstock to your specific and personal needs.
The MBA features multiple attachment points for a sling, including molded pockets that will accept Grovtec QD cups (QD cups sold separately).
Available in Black or Flat Dark Earth (FDE)
- Fully Adjustable Buttstock assembly to mount to a rifle (A2 Round Standard Tube) – This is the fixed stock, not the collapsible/adjustable length
- The MBA-1 requires a A2 Rifle buffer tube. Please review the information provided in the Requirements section below.
- Additional 1″ height on cheek rest
- Additional 1 1/16″ length of pull with extended length buttplate
- Approximately half the weight of competitors’ adjustable stocks The “MBA” weighs just 1.26 lbs.
- Fits .223 and .308 AR style rifles
- Super Strong Glass Filled Nylon
- Comes with A1 Buttstock screw to connect to A2 standard buffer tube
- Incorporates Castle Nut and Lock Ring in the design
- Easy to replace and quick to install
- Modular buttstock assembly for the AR
- Interchangeable with standard A1 or A2 buttstocks or any aftermarket buttstock with overall length of approximately 10.5″
- Fully Ambidextrous and can be comfortably used shooting off either shoulder (Cheek piece pre-installed for right handed shooters but can be installed on either side for right or left hand shooters)
- Cheek piece not only moves up and down, it also moves back and forth on the stock
- NOT interchangeable with carbine/collapsable rifles with telescoping assemblies (6-position tubes). You will need to purchase a MBA-3 or MBA-4 to fit these carbine tubes.
Does NOT Include:
- Sling Swivels (use Grovtec branded threaded cup and installation tool for best fit)
- A1/A2 Buffer tube
- Buffer Body (not required if used on a bolt action chassis)
- Spring (not required if used on a bolt action chassis)
- Buttstock Rail
The MBA-1 Buttstock is a Rifle Buttstock and requires the use of an A2 style buffer tube. This is a “fixed” buttstock. The A2 Rifle buffer tube can be distinguished from carbine buffer tubes by it’s shape, the A2 Rifle buffer tube is completely round in shape while the carbine buffer tubes have a rectangular appendage to the tube that encloses six adjustment position holes. An A2 Rifle buffer tube has no length-of-pull adjustability and is substantially longer than a carbine buffer tube.