Mesa Tactical’s LEO® Gen II Telescoping Stock adapter and pistol grip system for the Remington 870 12ga shotgun (will also fit Remington 7600 and 7615 with some slight modification) is made specifically with law enforcement in mind. The LEO Stock adapter system is designed to allow shooters the ability to fit AR style collapsible stocks and pistol grips onto their shotguns, while allowing use of open or bead sights. The versatile telescoping stock adapter system can be fitted with a standard AR-15 grip and telescoping stock, which enables tactical operators to instantly adjust the length of pull of the telescoping stock in order to accommodate differences in individual body sizes or use of body armor.
With Mesa Tactical’s telescoping stock systems, the shotgun’s factory stock is replaced by an investment cast aluminum adapter, to which standard AR-15 grips and telescoping buttstocks can be reliably attached. The LEO stock adapters provide a lower stock elevation allowing the use of iron sights or the front bead. All Mesa Tactical stock adapters incorporate multiple sling attachment methods.
The LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapter for the Remington 870 shotgun is the first of Mesa Tactical’s “Generation II” LEO adapters. The LEO adapter’s second generation has been completely redesigned for increased comfort, superior handling and configuration versatility:
- The new adapter is slightly shorter and more compact than the earlier LEO adapters.
- The pistol grip has been angled forward several degrees, similar to the angle of an M1911 pistol grip, to provide more space for the webbing of the operator’s thumb above and behind the grip.
- The enhanced grip angle allows the use of highly comfortable beavertail AR-15 grips.
- The LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapter end plate engages the adapter low on the sides instead of at the top, so operators are less likely to come into compact with it under recoil.
- All LEO Gen II Telescoping Stock Adapters include Mesa Tactical’s innovative (and widely copied) pocket hook loops and sling loops.
LEO Stock Adapter Product Features:
- Stock adapters are investment cast aircraft grade aluminum, CNC machined and powdercoated black with a tough, chemical resistant finish.
- Adjustable length-of-pull (LoP) to fit shooter’s stature or for use with body armor and other equipment.
- Gives the firearm similar handling characteristics to the AR-15.
- Pistol grip configuration allows increased control and user comfort.
- Sling attachment points included.
- No gunsmithing required.
Note: These adaptors were designed for the 12ga Remington 870, it will also fit the 20ga 870 as well as the 7600 and 7615 which use the same sized receiver as the 20ga 870. As this receiver is slightly smaller in height/width than the 12ga, there will be a slight difference in size (overhang) where the adaptor meets the receiver. The slight difference in size is a minor cosmetic issue, and does not affect performance. You will also need to modify the adaptor slightly for it to fit a 7600/7615.