These magazines are designed with a unique Double Stack to Single Feed (DSSF) transition design for reduced overall height compared to the industry standard.
Available with or without the front binder plate. See details below for benefits and limitations of each version.
MDT AICS-pattern metal magazines are manufactured from high strength steel, nitrided, and finished inside and outside with Cerakote Elite for ultimate durability, corrosion resistance, and friction reduction.
- 3.055” Outside Length
- 2.870” max cartridge overall length (COAL) For the variant with binder plate
- 2.960” max cartridge overall length (COAL) For the variant without binder plate (see limitations below)
- 3.90” Rear Height
MDT 10-round magazines are approximately ¾” shorter in height than standard AICS 10-round magazines due to MDT’s unique Double Stack to Single Feed (DSSF) transition design, allowing easier mag changes when shooting prone.
10-round magazine includes 2 internal ribs that help reduce friction between the cartridge and magazine body and provide a smooth transition from a double stack to single feed at the top of the magazine.
BINDER PLATE DETAILS
- The magazines with front binder plates are compatible with all rifles equipped with AICS-pattern bottom metal or chassis systems. The binder plate holds the cartridges back from the front of the magazines and guides them past the bottom of the feed ramp. The maximum cartridge overall length (COAL) that will fit in this magazine is 2.870”.
- The magazines without front binder plates allow a maximum cartridge overall length of 2.960”. These are compatible with all AICS-pattern bottom metal and chassis systems, but most common actions such as Remington 700 and Savage 10/11 will require modifications to the receiver (i.e. notching out the bottom of the feed ramp) to prevent the bullet tips from catching on the bottom of the feed ramp (see photo).
- 6mm Creedmoor
- 260 Rem
- 6.5 Creedmoor
- 7mm-08 Win
- 308/7.62×51 NATO
- 22 – 250 Rem (will work at a reduced capacity)
ATP is an authorised Australian dealer for MDT. All MDT products bought from ATP are covered by the Australian MDT warranty.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must be 18 years of age or over and hold a valid Cat A/B firearms licence to order this firearm magazine. We will require a photo of your licence when purchasing any restricted part (magazines / triggers). These restricted items will be sent registered post and will require a signature of the licence holder on delivery. Please email us a photo of your firearm licence after you have placed your order or it will not be shipped.