3.1” High-Performance Magnesium Firesteel, Chrome-Plated Striker Steel, Up To 3000 Strikes, Waterproof, Easy To Operate, Red Molded Plastic Handle, Nylon Lanyard, 1.1 OZ
Kershaw’s Firestarter is a vital tool for anyone outdoors enthusiast. The compact Fire Starter easily fits in any pocket and is essential in any dry box, emergency kit and bug-out bag. The Firestarter’s magnesium firesteel shaft works for up to 3,000 strikes and can create a spark in rain, snow and other harsh natural conditions. The Firestarter’s bright red molded plastic handle is easy to find, easy to hold and easy to use with the included chrome-plated striker. Simply hold the Firestarter’s shaft close to a small pile of dry, flammable materials and quickly draw the striker down the shaft at a right angle to produce sparks. Once material ignites and establishes a flame, gradually add larger materials to the fire. The Firestarter can be used for camp stoves, gas barbecues and, in emergency situations, the brilliant spark can even be used as a distress signal. Kershaw’s Firestarter stores easily with its nylon lanyard, doesn’t require a dry box and outperforms waterproof matches.
- An important companion for any hiker, hunter, camper, backpacker, wilderness guide, survivalist and emergency kit
- High-performance magnesium firesteel shaft is good for up to 3,000 strikes and can make a spark when wet; performs better than waterproof matches
- Compact design easily fits in any pocket, backpack, tackle box, bug-out bag, dry-box, survival kit, car or drawer
- Can be used to light camp stoves, gas grills and as an emergency signal if necessary
- Bright red molded plastic handle is easy to spot in dark places and easily attaches anywhere with its included nylon lanyard