NOTE: This listing is for the complete SRT kit but does NOT come with the collet inserts which you will need. Please see the following link:
New from The Ugly Reloading Company, is the SRT Gen 2, Shoulder Referenced Case Trimmer. Made from 6061 aircraft aluminium and featuring an SKF ball bearing and a HSS end mill cutter, this trimmer will make sure your brass is cut quickly and accurately.
Includes a free end mill (cutter) sharpening service. Just send it back to the designer in Canberra with a pre-paid self addressed envelope and they will re-sharpen it and send it back to you.
- Main body fitted with bearing
- HSS end mill cutter
- Lock N Adjust ring
- Collet removal tool
- Collapsible package with VPI rust inhibitor paper
- DOES NOT COME WITH COLLET INSERT
- Ugly SRT main body is made of 6061 aircraft grade aluminium alloy (USA-made round stock), hard anodic oxidation coated for maximum wear resistance. CNC lathe milled to be within 0.01mm tolerance.
- A high-grade French-made AB SKF deep groove ball bearing is press-fitted to the main body and provides a very smooth trimming operation. This bearing retails for more than $20 in Australia. Brass tip set screws were used!
Snap-fit caliber collet insert (not included, please see our other listings for the collet inserts)：
- Made of 303 stainless steel, CNC lathe turned with high accuracy. This collet insert can be removed easily with our insert removal tool. The collet can be installed by a thumb press.
- No.0 collet blank is made of 12L14 easy machining steel for gunsmith or DIY use. 12L14 steel is NOT stainless but it is more friendly to reamers on a manual lathe.
Milling blade cutter:
- The milling blade is made of M2AL HSS, extremely sharp and durable. The milling blade and shank are centerless ground to slide fit shank hole with only 0.01mm in the gap. Therefore, the cross-section cut on the brass will be clean and smooth. The trimmer won’t wobble when in the rotation due to high concentricity.
Innovative Lock n Adjust ring:
- Each set comes with an adjustable ring. Users can use a feeler gauge or simply a piece of paper for precise trimming depth adjustment. If the user wishes to change caliber, this adjustment ring can be locked onto the cutter shank. The cutter can be installed back into the main body to repeat the previous settings without any resetting needed.
Collet removal tool:
- Made of 304 stainless steel.
ATP is an authorised Australian dealer for The Ugly Reloading Equipment. All Ugly Reloading Equipment products bought from ATP are covered by Ugly Reloading Equipment’s Lifetime Australian Warranty.