Your choice of reloading dies should not be a casual one. Your dies literally shape the quality and function of your reloads. Because they are so important, we give them a lot of attention.
• We use the finest alloy steels obtainable.
• Our dies are machined on Hardinge Super-Precision® lathes capable of holding the tightest tolerances in the industry.
• We guarantee our dies to produce ammunition that will properly fit any standard (SAAMI) chamber, regardless of action type.
• To maintain tolerances and guarantee that your dies will last a lifetime, they are heat treated in atmospherically controlled furnaces.
• All dies are hand polished for smooth, flawless functioning, inspected, and are ultrasonically cleaned before packaging.
• The die box is a handy cartridge loading block and storage package. Inside is a spare decapping pin, hex wrench, and a place for your shellholder!
• All Redding dies use the industry standard 7/8-14 threaded bodies.
Die Sets For Straight Wall Cases
Die sets for straight wall cases contain three dies. This is necessary because it is not possible to full length resize straight wall cases and expand the neck for proper bullet fit in one operation. The full length (FL) resizing die contains a decapping rod assembly. The expander die (EXP) contains a neck expanding plug. The seating die (ST) includes bullet guide, built-in crimp ring and the proper seating plug.
Seating Dies With Taper Crimp
Reloading dies for handgun calibers that headspace on the case mouth are labelled as (tamper crimp). The seating dies in these calibers are made with a taper crimp. All other calibers have the standard roll crimp. Recent tests have shown that seating the bullet to its proper depth and crimping as a separate operation will produce the best accuracy.
- 32 S & W Long/32 H & R Mag #80162
- 9MM Luger (taper crimp) #80172
- 38 Spec/357 Mag #80184
- 40 S & W/10MM Auto (taper crimp) #80253
- 44 Spec/44 Mag #80194
- 44 – 40 Win #80188
- 45 ACP/45 Auto Rim (taper crimp) #80189
- 45 Colt/454 Casull #80191
- 357 SIG (taper crimp) #80434